1. What does rustic really mean? Rustic furniture is the strong, silent type: defined by simple, clean lines and thick, durable hardwoods and leathers; useful in places where furniture is going to be used, not just looked at.
2. Nothing is cozier than a rustic bedroom set. Strong, simple headboards, end tables, and dressers help you go to bed with the feeling that everything's going to be just fine.
3. Rustic furniture wears well because it isn't delicate in the first place. Scratches and dings become part of the charm. It's easier to touch up, too, but you might choose not to bother.
4. The best rocking chairs are the rustic ones, famous for comfort and strength. The natural wood finish and wrought iron accents go great with t-shirts and sweat pants.
5. Rustic furniture was born in the land of pine and cedar. You'll find lots of solid wood tables and chairs here, not plastic or laminate. Rustic leather sofas in dark colors are another hardy choice for your living room.
6. Why is rustic furniture always made so well? In the Old West, when a craftsman or blacksmith skimped or took shortcuts, he got run out of town on a rail.
7. Nature often directs the design, shape, and color of rustic tables. Wood slab coffee tables and root chairs are as intriguing and complex as the original tree.
8. Rustic game tables harken back to days when people had time to relax and interact. Checkers, chess, and backgammon are as fun as ever. No batteries required.
9. We don't know why, but when you sit on a simple hardwood stool and work at a rustic kitchen table, you feel like cooking healthier foods.
10. Rustic decor imitates nature, from natural wood picture frames to bentwood coat racks. Whether you're in a fishing cabin or modern condo, it's nice to bring the outdoors in.